My Trip to Japan 2016 - Kyoto - Konchi-In, Nanzen-ji, Kokufuji, Sanjusangendo (no pics)

I'm slowly liking Kyoto as the days pass by. Unfortunately, by this time, it has started to rain non-stop. Typically, I hate the rain but our day of temple tripping had changed my mind about the rain. And I will never see it the same way again.

We started our day with a simple sandwich and coffee at the Sanjo Station on the way to Nanzen-ji. 


Once we reached the pathway to Nanzen-ji. We stopped by this smallish shrine with a really nice landscaped garden called Konchi-In. This one is not as popular as the others so it's not as crowded. It was quiet and almost serene. I really enjoyed my time here walking around the garden and the shrine.




Walking down the same path, we finally reached Nanzen-ji. This is another beautiful shrine. Actually, the gate towards the temple is really beautiful. And I also climbed up the very steep steps up the 2nd floor of the gate. That's where I found peace and beauty in the rain.





One more stop before heading to Sanjusangendo is the Kokufuji Temple.




We went off to lunch after this. We had soba at an unknown place near the temple. We then headed to Sanjusangendo. Sorry no picture taking allowed.

Comments