My Trip to Japan 2016 - Tokyo - Senso-ji Temple and Meiji Shrine

These were the last 2 temple and shrine that we visited on our trip to Japan. Tokyo is not very well known for sights like these but I think they were still outstanding and unique from the shrines and temples I saw in Kyoto.

First up was Senso-ji Temple. This one at Asakusa was the most crowded. But as you can see from my pictures, it was very very quiet. Why, you ask? Because this was the morning when we went to Sushi Dai and we woke up very early for it. After having sushi, Mom suggested that we just head over to Senso-ji to beat the crowd. So, I was able to take very decent pictures here - crowd free.

We were also lucky to be able to buy some omomori when we saw a lady wiping the booth. She was nice enough to sell us some at a very early time.










One of my favorite shrines will have to be the Meiji Shrine. Well, not because of the shrine itself, but I think it's because of the garden the the torii gates. They were not red unlike the ones in Kyoto but it was very natural and earthy. I like the easy to walk pathways from one end to another. It was of course crowded with a lot of tourists.



Another wedding photo from a newly wed at the shrine

Old barrels of sake

One of my favorite shots with a lady walking by

Comments